Greening the Community.The Las Vegas Urban League’s Community Development Program enables North Las Vegas and rural Clark County low-income residents to reduce their energy bills by making their homes more energy efficient at no cost. Government funds are used to improve the energy performance of homes for needy residents using the most advanced technologies and testing protocols available in the housing industry. These FREE services allow North Las Vegas and rural Clark County residents to achieve lower utility bills thus allowing for more flexible income.
What does “weatherizing” mean?When you improve the enclosure around your home, you are weatherizing. This includes sealing leaks around windows and doors, solar screens and other energy efficient improvements. This “blanket” of warmth adds protection all around your home and can significantly reduce your energy use. The benefits of weatherizing are:
• Warmer in the winter, by trapping the heat in. • Cooler in the summer, by blocking the heat and keeping the sun’s rays out. • Quieter, by providing a buffer from the sounds outside your home. • More energy efficient, by reducing the amount of energy required to keep you comfortable. And a much lower utility bill every month, which means more money back into your pocket!
- (702) 636-3949
2430 N. Decatur Blvd Suite 105
Las Vegas, NV 89108
Monday through Thursday
8:00am to 5:00pm
Typical weatherization activities include:
- Air sealing to reduce infiltration
- Attic Insulation
- Low Flow Shower Heads
- Energy Efficient Light Bulbs
- Solar Screens
- Repair/Replace Air Conditioner and Refrigerator
Do you qualify for our NO Cost Weatherization Assistance?TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION MUST BE PROVIDED:
- Completed application with signature and date
- Copies of Current Income.
- Pay Stub: minimum of 2 months wages, Unemployment Statement, Statement of Current Income from all working members of household.
- Social Security: Benefit Letter, Bank Deposit Statement or Copy of Social Security Check Pension: Retirement Statement, Annuities Dividends, etc.
- Statement of Welfare Benefits.
- Picture ID and Social Security Card for all household members.
- Please provide 12 months of NV Energy and Southwest Gas bill at time of application.
We are unable to do any major plumbing, electrical or carpentry work.